Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rome

Rome; a history-lovers paradise. So much to see and I want to see it all. So many awe-inspiring wonders to see....I wonder if I can convince Trent to literally run from spot to spot with me. (I do this sometimes when I'm not even in a hurry, just annoyed by how slow walking can be) My friend Stefanie was recently in Italy and told me about how amazing the food is- this might just be my favorite city. Trent has a history in the pizza business so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of real Italian pizza. The hostel we'll be staying at was supposedly a historical roman building of the XVI century. Plus, they serve free spaghetti on the roof every other night! With all the eating I plan on doing, it's probably a good idea to run everywhere. I remember when my roommate Lesley came back from Europe and she described the gelato and I was secretly sinfully envious of her. I have high high expectations for Rome and I don't think she'll let me down.

5 comments:

Amy Vogt said...

I love running from place to place. I am a little slower now, as I don't have as much energy, and while I used to be the one pulling Danny from place to place and making sure that he was keeping up, sadly now he does the same for me. Have fun!

Lesley Miller said...

just to make sure you're clear-- eat the gelato at least twice daily. I'm serious. You're only in Rome once so live it up.

Joe Brooks said...

hey katie i like how you refer to rome as a she and this blog is pretty cool and all... but i wanna hear from t-unit! T-UNIT! T-UNIT! go trenty go trenty go! i am the voice of the masses. get his butt off myspace and on here and have him post an actual BLOG! just DO IT.

Joe Brooks said...

oh and that is nothing against your posts at all katie, its just i shared a bed with the guy for a few weeks and i think it will make me miss him less. go trenty go...

Katie said...

Joe, I think you missed the first entry which explained that all of the entries were written in June while I was still in Mozambique since I didnt plan on blogging during the trip. So dont worry, Trenty will for sure do some blogging once we get home. Also, he failed to mention that yall shared a bed. Normal for girls but for boys....?