Saturday, June 7, 2008

London

Today begins the first leg of the month-long journey around Europe. It begins for me (Katie) with a 4 hour bus ride to the Joberg airport then a flight to London where I will meet up with my wonderful and newly engaged friend Jenny. I'll arrive super early in the morning on Sunday and will attempt to conquer the "tube" as they say, while pulling 2 giant suitcases, 2 back packs and a giant purse and make my way to Jenny's flat. I'm sure to get lost but at least I'll know the language. (Although the Brits I've met in Africa insist that I don't actually speak English- I speak American) I will hopefully get to go to church with Jenny, meet her fiance, catch up on a year of being awful at staying in touch, leave my luggage at her place and strap on my backpack to meet up with Trent tomorrow. I don't expect to site-see as I'll only be passing through but I do expect to be greeted with those wonderful accents and some excellent dental work. Here is a picture of Jenny and I when I visited last summer on my 9 hour lay-over on my way to Africa. The LORD sure can do a lot in a year- neither of us had a clue what God had in store but He had great plans. I feel like I've grown so much, am walking so much closer with Jesus, and have a new world-perspective after my year in Africa while Jenny met, fell in love and got engaged. Craziness. I feel the need to also give a shout out to my friend Stefanie at this point who also fell in love while I was in Africa and got engaged. Gosh- who am I going to hang out with when I come home?

1 comment:

heidiploog said...

Hope you found Jenny's place! Can't wait to see you soon!!!