Friday, September 2, 2011

Statistics

I'm not a numbers person. I work with words. So I'd prefer to write a long post about the meaning of this 30 day "European Extravaganza" with my brother. But we took the trip in 2008 and since it's almost 2012, I'll shut up now and end this blog by crunching a few numbers.

Number of days our trip lasted = 30

Number of days I wanted to strangle Trent = 4

Number of countries visited = 8

Number of countries glad to see us leave = 8

Number of cities visited = 13

Number of cities we got lost in = 13

Number of hostels slept in = 14

Number of hostels with old, drunk, Dutch men snoring crazy loud, wearing tighty whities, and smacking right into me in the middle of the night when I was searching for the bathrooms = 1

Number of couch surfers who opened their homes to us = 2

Number of couch surfers gave us his small bed to share and lit candles in his room to create a romantic atmosphere even though we told him we were siblings = 1

Number of flights taken = 5

Number of times we got in fights with people trying to cut in line at the airport = 1

Number of trains taken = 7

Number of times Trent made me eat dinner at the train station = 4

Number of times we went the wrong way on subways = 12

Number of times we stole = 3 (cheese in a hostel fridge, internet, movie-hopped)

Number of gelato scoops eaten = 24 (rough estimate)

Number of near death experiences = 1 (Trent on the ropes course in Switzerland. I almost peed I was laughing so hard)

Number of times we went for runs = 7

Number of EuroCup soccer games we watched = 12

Number of times we smiled in pictures = 5

Number of ugly faces we pulled = too many to count











No comments: